Monday, May 21, 2007

NOKOTTA!(spoiler)

YOSHH!! I've watched sumo-lah and for me it was good. A very good effort from Afdlin Shauki, the director. He puts a lot of 'perli' saying about the differences of the malay and japanese and many things. I remember a few of his word like

"She know how to play an ancient instrument and I didn't"

"What is a malay music instrument actually?"

The story is quite 'meleret' in the middle of the story and there is some part that is un-explainable like the Sumo Sensei 'Honda-san' goes to japan to meet Toshi, his old pal.At Japan they learn many thing about Sumo and finally when they go back to Malaysia I wonder

"I don't see any Toshi."

maybe Afdlin want to keep it secret or what i don't know, also when the story closely comes to an end, there was a women(known as Radhi Khalid wife) suddenly appear.

Another thing is, Siti, act by the thailand famous actress( I don't remember her name) need to practise more on her Malay language, it's like "cakap sbijik2" when she talks in Malay.

With all those thing, This story is still considered as good for me. Afdlin tried to make a differences and he does well this time. This is really not like a typical Malay movie, this is different.The Diamond Sushi sumo team,acted by Gurmit(PCK) and other two actor who i didn't know is cool and when seeing them I remembered a few scene from the old hollywood movies entitled "Karate Kid". I love the last part where the real Sumo-match started, with Hasbullah Awang as the match commentator the match looked alive. Forget the Sampah prof movie, forget the 'full-of-police' yusof haslam movie, this is the movie to watch.

I rate 3 1/2 out of 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i kinda like the way she speaks Malay. it's different.

yang tak boleh blah part sponsorship tu la. giler like so banyak dan dah naik meluat pulak tengok.

jalan cerita is okay. and suddeny radhi khalid's wife is a hottie yang muncul di hujung cerita.